Who is eligible for membership: To be a member of Vermont Inn and Bed & Breakfast Association, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be recognized by the State of Vermont with a valid license and and maintain a passing score with the Vermont Department of Health.
- Have no more than forty-five (45) guestrooms.
- The nightly rate must include a full or continental breakfast.
- Is personally attended by its owner and residential in nature.
- Excludes larger operations, chains, hotels, motels, campgrounds, restaurants, and those properties generally perceived as a hotel or motel.
How to Join
- Print out and complete the VIBBA Application form (.pdf)
- Send application and a check (made out to VIBBA) for 1st year dues of $75 plus $5 per room ($200 maximum) to: Lynn Green, VIBBA Treasurer, Four Chimneys Inn, 21 West Road, Bennington, VT 05201
- Once your application is approved, you may complete your website information page. Your webpage will then be activated and you will always have access to update and change your information anytime.
Link Back to VermontWaytoStay.com to build web traffic:
Now that you are a member, copy and paste this logo in a prominent place on your own website. Be sure to embed a link to www.vermontwaytostay.com!!
Why is there a Booking.com Search Box on the VIBBA Site?
In 2016, Booking.com became a Strategic Partner with VIBBA. What this means is that for every search resulting in a booking from their booking tool on the VIBBA page, Booking.com pays VIBBA a percentage of their fee. These additional dollars, in addition to our Sponsor Partner dues, are used to support the projects and initiatives of the Vermont Inn and Bed & Breakfast Association over and above member dues.
Some might be concerned that this booking widget is drawing business away from VIBBA members. However, we are finding that VIBBA members are benefitting from this arrangement since it gives the traveler yet another opportunity to book with your property. Plus, the Booking.com widget is defaulted to automatically open up to inns and B&Bs and filter out hotels.
Every VIBBA member is encouraged to put their direct booking link on their profile page of the VIBBA site. Yet many do not and lose the chance to capture those travelers ready to make a decision at that moment. For those same members who are also part of Booking.com, this provides another chance for them to capture that reservation.
Affiliation with Booking.com is not a requirement of VIBBA. However, since Google does now require that lodging properties affiliate with some sort of OTA or be penalized in placement, we encourage members to take part. Most often, those who book via Booking.com do so because it is their booking tool of choice. It also has a huge international following as it is translated into most languages. And, innkeepers find that it is usually business that would not have been earned otherwise. But we also encourage you to only put your inventory on Booking.com for periods that would not fill organically such as peak and holiday periods.
Should you have any questions are membership in VIBBA, please be sure to contact any of our board members.