VIBBA Annual Meeting
in conjuction with the
on Wednesday, April 5, 2017
at Stoweflake Resort
8am to Noon
Once again, VIBBA is holding its Annual Meeting in advance of the Vermont Tourism Summit. There is no cost to attend the annual meeting; however, we do ask that you pre-register by email so we can get an accurate count. Please send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to mention “Annual Meeting” in your subject line. Let us know your inn name as well as the number and names of people attending from your property.
- 8:00 Registration & Coffee
- 8:30 Welcome & Introductions
- Comments from Steve Cook, Deputy Commissioner of VDTM
- Comments from Ronda Berns, VP Hospitality, VT Chamber
- 8:45 VIBBA Business Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report, Membership Report, Legislative Updates
- 9:15 Amanda Voyer – Vermont Sugarmakers Association
- learn the benefits of partnering with a sugarmaker near you
- 9:30 Janice Hurley – BedandBreakfast.com
- brief update on changes in national innkeeping trends over the past 6 months
- 9:55 Robert Fulton – CEO, AIHP
- Just back from the very successful Association of Independent Hospitality Professionals conference & trade show in Long Beach, CA, Rob will discuss the goals and activities of this fast-growing and dynamic national innkeeping association. Learn the benefits of being a part of it.
- 10:15 Scot Fuller-Beatty – ThinkReservations PMS
- In addition to being an account representative with ThinkReservations, a leading PMS, booking engine, and channel manager, Scot is also the owner/innkeeper of the Chadwick Bed & Breakfast in Portland, ME. Scot will speak on Understanding Yield Management and walk you through several strategies for pricing rooms to maximize income at your inn.
- 11:00 Cammy Houser – AirBnB Regional Marketing Manager
- AirBnB has created a new hospitality division to work with licensed lodging properties such as yours. Take advantage of this opportunity to tap into this worldwide distribution market.
- Noon Head off to the Vermont Tourism Summit